Thursday, August 30, 2012

My DETOUR (1945) Article in the New Issue of Acidemic!


Check out my piece entitled "Re-Examining the 'Flaws' of Edgar G. Ulmer's Detour" in Acidemic Online Journal #8Detour (1945) is one of my favorite film noirs, and I basically address some common complaints about the movie.   Yes, I complain about other people's complaints.  With all the complaining I do around here, you knew it was going to come to that sooner rather than later.

Click here for the entire issue, entitled "Brecht, Godard, and Wood".  What could Bertolt Brecht, Jean-Luc Godard, and Ed Wood possibly have in common?  Well, just read the intro, ya goofball.  There are other great articles to check out.  Maybe you'll learn something, and even be able to conduct intellectual conversations about Ed Wood movies at cocktail parties!  Wouldn't that be a nice thing to have in your back pocket? 

No comments:

Post a Comment