Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Movies I wanna see: PSYCHO GIRLS (1985)

Watching the trailer, it appears as if Psycho Girls (1985) might be a hidden gem of Canadian camp horror. It most definitely has a rad punk rock theme song, which always bodes well. Can you remember a movie with a punk theme song that wasn't awesome? I rest my case (exhibit A: Return of the Living Dead).



Unfortunately, Psycho Girls has yet to receive a proper home video release. Cannon released it on VHS way back when (in the U.S.), but the tape was heavily cut. There is a bootleg floating around of an uncut Italian TV broadcast, but, alas, it is dubbed in Italian. Maybe if I had big bucks to blow one day, I could buy a copy of both and splice the two together. Or just hope and pray for a DVD release. Some people hope and pray for world peace, but I guess I am not one of those people.

2 comments:

  1. Titles like this are often released in bundle DVD's of 12 or so. I've been lucky to get some of my favourite exploitation titles this way. Good luck, if I see it on my travels I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Knifed
    Thanks! Yeah, the problem is getting an uncut version in English. Is Knifed in Venice an alternate title for "Giallo a Venezia"? If so, that's sleazy cool.

    ReplyDelete